A daily guide to good eating
Food has been divided into four basic groups, according to their nutritional value. They are milk group that includes milk and all milk products, a meat group, a bread and cereal group and a fruit and vegetable group. A healthy and well- balanced meal should include foods from each group.
- Eat plenty of fruits, especially those rich in vitamin C
- Eat some cereal foods such as bread and breakfast cereals.
- Make sure you have one glass of milk.
- Do not have too much sweet food such as sugar, jam, sweets, and soft drinks.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Try to keep to three meals, evenly spaced throughout the day.
- Do not over- eat – always get up from the table feeling you could eat a little more.
- Bed, but it’s a Do not eat a heavy meal just before going to good idea to have a glass of milk.