A daily guide to good eating
Food has been divided into four basic groups, according to their nutritional value. They are milk group that includes milk and all milk products, a meat group, a bread and cereal group and a fruit and vegetable group. A healthy and well- balanced meal should include foods from each group.
- Eat plenty of fruits, especially those rich in vitamin C
- Eat some cereal foods such as bread and breakfast cereals.
- Make sure you have one glass of milk.
- Do not have too much sweet food such as sugar, jam, sweets, and soft drinks.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Try to keep to three meals, evenly spaced throughout the day.
- Do not over- eat – always get up from the table feeling you could eat a little more.
- Bed, but it’s a Do not eat a heavy meal just before going to good idea to have a glass of milk.
A daily guide to good eating
Helping and caring poor and old people
In our daily life, we come across many people who think are poor. They could be landless, unemployed, illiterate etc.
- There are a thousand and thousand ways to help the poor people.
1. try to make them aware of their dignity.
2. talk to them in a manner worthy of human persons.
3. given them an opportunity to frequent good institutions/schools .
4 be friendly and kind.
The life of old people is so miserable that they yearn for company and help. It is in such cases they should be pitied. Today ,society has come forward to assist them. The government has formulated a number of schemes to help the helpless old people. At least try to help and take care of our grandparents.
5 TIPS TO IMPROVE ENGLISH SPEAKING
1.Listen to the radio in English- Try to hear radio news and other programmes which are broadcasting in English.
2.Watch English news and films- It will improve your vocabulary and get to know how to pronounce certain words. If you have English channels on your TV, watch them. If they have subtitles (the words written in your language) underneath the picture, see if they can be turned off. Some people even tape paper across the bottom of the screen so they can’t see the words.
3. Speak English to your friends- Get a conversation buddy (friend) and speak in English as much as possible. If it is a person whose native language is the same as your own, you may feel silly speaking in English at first. But don’t worry. Continue to do it and it will become more natural to you. Make friends with English speakers or others learning to speak English and compare notes. Talk about things that you have learnt and exchange ideas.
4. Listen and read out loudly- Listen to news bulletins and songs in English to listen to the pronunciation of words. You can also learn new words and expressions this way. The more you listen, the more you learn! Read the newspaper or a magazine out to yourself. Hearing yourself read will help you spot your mistakes better.
5. Use a dictionary and learn a new word everyday- always keep a pocket dictionary with you. The dictionary has millions of words to choose from! Look up different words and their synonyms and alternate how and when you use them in sentences. Choose a word you would like to work on and use practice it in different sentences. Use the word until you have learnt it and keep using it regularly.
VALUE OF GRAMMAR
Language is the medium of communication among human beings. It is our ability to talk, to express our thoughts precisely and convey our ideas to others that distinguishes man from the beast. People those who speak the same language the communication process may not be complete and perfect unless the language used in precise. It is in this context that the importance of grammar has to be understood. The value of grammar is realized especially when a person has to write. Very often in conversational language, grammar is ignored and yet there is not much of a loss. But a person is judged by his writing. Grammar in any language is an important aspect of its literature.
Learning of grammar is not an easy process. But it becomes easy when pursued regularly, sincerely and with diligence. The important grammar is that each part of it is associated with another. Learning grammar does not require much physical labour. Grammar can be learnt without much trouble. No school, no room to study, no tools only thing required is a good book on grammar. The only thing that is needed is the will to learn. The value of grammar is immense. As mentioned earlier, a person is judged by his style of writing or by the correctness of his writing. Just as a man is looked upon with contempt when he speaks incorrectly; a man unable to write grammatically is not given much respect. Many who speak correctly often write incorrectly. It is said that in the simple language used by Gandhiji, it is very difficult to substitute any word even by its synonym, for the word chosen by him reflects his exact thought. This is the hallmark of good writing and this cannot be attained without grammar.
Future of English in India
The English men came to India as traders and stayed on as the rulers till they were forced out of the shores of India by the nonviolent fight started by Mahatma Gandhi. English came in to India as the language of the masters the British. Inspite of the departure of the Englishmen from the Indian scene as its masters, their language has come to stay. English is bound to stay here for a long time. Many feel that it must continue.
Today in our country many nursery schools and convents have sprung up offering English to all those who wish to learn it. Education in such school is costly but most of the parents even if they are rich or poor are willing to send their children to such school. People working in domestic servants also give such an education to their children. This illustrates the hold of English on Indian life. This position speaks much for the future of English. The language has its own beauties and its utilitarian quality. Both these aspects assure the future of English in India. It is English that can carry a developing nation like ours on the way to progress.
Students and strike
Strikes in India are not only undertaken by workers, but by almost every classes of society. Earlier it was considered as the privilege of the working classes, but now apart from worker, students and the so- called enlightened professions like that of doctors, teachers and lawyers also indulge in strikes. Students consider strike as a legitimate and effective weapon for getting what they require. The general impression among the students is that the authorities are hostile to them and that they are not interested in only those things in which students are interested.
Students also think strike as the means of drawing attention of the public or the authorities to their requirements. They also believe that strike alone can solve their problems and they do not believe that any problem can be easily solved by holding discussions with the authorities. It is not realized that strikes are double edged weapons which can do untold harm both to themselves and the authorities. Students going on strike prompted by ill conceived motives or instigated by unscrupulous politicians cause much misery and loss. Speaking in a general way we can say that strikes by students are not desirable and should not be encouraged. They are positive evils, for the harm done is to the mental development of every student.
Today students are very fed up with the strike going on through India due to financial crises in daily using things.
9 HOME MADE Beauty tips
1. Drink at least 10- 12 glasses of water daily.
2. Adequate sleep should be needed.
3. Eat a lot of citrus fruits (vitamin c) like orange.
4. Wash your face with fresh water at least twice daily, and don’t rub your face vigorously.rub softly.
5. Remove your make up before going to bed.
6. if you are affected by sun, apply some lime juice/ curd. It will reduce the darkening of skin due to sun rays.
7. Apply raw milk to your face in an upward circulation direction, before going to bed.
8. Tomato, orange& cucumber also helps in improving the skin tone.
9. Wash thoroughly your eyes with cold and fresh water, for beautiful eyes